Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Blend ya face, yo

You know who are super talented makeup artists, who've tried like, a LOT of products?

On-air TV people!

Luckily, these are my coworkers. I raid them for tips on the daily.

A lot of people assume the station pays for hair stylists and makeup artists for the talent but ... nope. I mean, maybe at like, the TODAY Show. But local TV? Please. We are just like the rest of the news organizations out there right now: And by that I mean, BROOOOKE.

Well, not as broke as newspapers. But.

Anchor and reporters know their stuff. They pick their own wardrobe pieces, know how much face to put on for TV cameras and HD lighting, etc.  More power to you guys, I would look awful. And I would hate spending that much time getting ready, bluhhhh.

But anyway.

We get a fair number of emails into our general tipline/KCRA email address every day that are like, "where did Eileen get her yellow dress?" Or "what color + brand of lipstick is Lisa wearing today on the noon show?"

So one day, I decided to make a little featch for the .com, titled something like, "Beauty secrets from the women of KCRA 3." I had everyone send me their pics, products and pieces of advice. It was going to bring down the Internet (like, more than Kim Kardashian's butt). But then the piece got stuck waiting for approval from our higher-ups and it STILL hasn't published on the app or our website. This happens sometimes. Sigh.

But well, I've taken advantage of a bunch of the tips for my own personal use!

So now I'm going to show you a magical blending brush.


Looks simple, right? It is. No exagg, it was like, $2 on Amazon. And I saw a purple one near the other makeup brushes at Sephora a couple weeks ago. Has everyone heard of this thing except me?!

It does everything! It made me dinner last night and cuddled me to sleep.

Not really. Butttttttt I mostly use it (on the fatty side) to blend my concealor/powder into my neck line. I hate that mask-look, which I was totally guilty of rocking all throughout middle school. Meh, who are we kidding? I probably rocked it in college a few times, too. I haven't always been so great at doing my face.

So, I sweep the blender from my chin and my cheeks alllllllll the way down my neck, and then out toward my ears and hair. Or sometimes I'll take the top (the pointier-looking side, although it's obvi not sharp), and soften/blend my eyeshadow if it's coming on a little strong. The darkest color on the Naked Palette3 is pretttttty dark.

And it's that simple. Buy it, use it, love it. You're welcome. (Oh, you already knew? I'm last to the party? That too).

But an anchor-lady told me about it. Meaning it's the best!

And I also learned lately -- that if you need to clean it, you just give it a pump of this stuff! I love it when things come full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment