Monday, October 6, 2014

Apple Hill inspo! Chicken salad sammies.

I love a good chicken salad sammy. But too often, if you order one out, restaurants and bakeries will put weird stuff in there! Grapes, raisins, some kind of nut, too much celery ... BLECK.

But I ate the best chicken salad sammy at Apple Hill this weekend (full AH post coming soon!) 

But before I ordered it, I even asked the 16-year-old at the counter, "this doesn't have anything STRANGE in it, right?"

(Nope).

So I recreated it this morning! A big batch, actually. With a few tweaks.

Here's what I put in: (eyeballed all my ingredients, didn't measure a thing, tasted as I went).

--About a half of a rotisserie chicken, shredded
--4-5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled obvi, then mashed up
--Mayo (the real stuff, NOT Miracle Whip, gag me).
--Spicy brown mustard
--1/2 or so an avocado
--Some banana peppers for crunch/tang
-- Lawry's seasoning salt + pepper

Anddddd I plan to do several things with this mixture!

--Throw it in a lettuce wrap-type creation (with a little sriracha on top).
--Throw it on toast (with a little sriracha on top). <-- This was actually my breakfast today, don't judge.
--SAMMY (with a little sriracha on top).
--Eat it out of the bowl, likely hovering over my sink (with a little sriracha on top, if I had to guess).

I would post a picture but ... it looks like vom. #srynotsry

No comments:

Post a Comment