Monday, January 12, 2015

Golden Globes style!

So, I've never claimed I have any real knowledge of fashion. I just know what I do and don't like. Here are some thoughts on what I was feeling Sunday. I picked my top eight and my worst eight. Who knows, maybe I'm cray. (Felicity Jones? Am I alone in this one? Yes?)

Here are my BESTIES:

--Amy Adams in Versace
Getty Images
So flattering. So perfect. The color is gorgeous. And I love the relaxed hair. I think she's my #1 of the night!

--Sienna Miller in Miu Miu
US Magazine
A really cute, fun and relaxed look. I think she rocks it. Plus, the cleavage looks classy ... I'm not sure it would on everyone.


--Kate Beckinsale in Elie Saab
JustJared photo
Just learned she's 41 and has kids. WHAT. Kate is effortlessly beautiful and often makes my best-dressed list, but this look just blew me away -- right down to the ballerina bun.


--Katherine Heigl in Zac Posen
US Magazine
Tailored to perfection! Gah, I love Zac Poz. Anyway, people say Katherine's a bitch, so I often don't see her as very pretty (is that mean? It's kind of like when a hot guy is a dick, you're like, gross. Or an average-looking bruh is super funny, he gets 10 times hotter. You feel?)  But you can't deny how killer K looked in this gown. Grumble grumble.


--Julia Louis Dreyfus in Narciso Rodriguez
LaineyGossip photo
I'd like to look like this when I'm 53. The sleek hair and all-white urrything looked youthful and elegant.


--Jenna Dewan Tatum in Carolina Herrera
US Magazine
My first thought was like, is she hiding a new baby bump under that layer-y design? But I don't really think so, upon further review. Anyway, she was one of several broads to show up in a nice lemony color. I dig!

And I liked that she didn't really do her hair. She and Channing looked soooooo good togeth. Because duh, right?


--Felicity Jones in Christian Dior
New York Times photo
See, HERE is where I think you're all going to disagree with me. But this look was just so different from what anyone else was wearing, I couldn't help but stop and admire. And yeah, it's pretty buttoned up (literally and figuratively, you should see the back), but like, the boldness and the color just got me.


--Katie Holmes in Marchesa

Ever since she said PEACE to Scientology and Tom Cruise (crazies), she's looked awesome. No exception here. The plum color and the low pony are gorge, the dress was mostly backless, she has the body to rock it -- and her smoky makeup's kinda fun, too.



That was fun. Let's talk about who BOMBED.

You guys were the WORST:

--Kristin Wiig in Delphine Maniret
Yahoo
Love her, but never on the red carpet. This is worse than usual though.


--Jemima Kirke (designer unknown)
US Magazine
I sense real-life Jessa is like the honeybadger, and I doubt she gives a F what I think. But yeah, I'm not crazy about all the material (are these wings?) going on here.


--Keira Knightley in Chanel
Getty Images
IS THAT A BUTTERFLY ON YOUR WRIST? Oh hell no. I mean, I feel like seventh-grade Michelle is super jeally but ... staaaaahp

I get that you're pregnant, but that's no excuse for all the frump that's going on here.


--Lena Dunham in Zac Posen
Vogue
Sigh. Everyone (my mom included) was all, "I've never seen Lena look so good!"

But she still looked BAD, you guys. Ya know?


--Rosamund Pike in Vera Wang
Courtesy photo
Ugh, I know that you just had a baby, too. Like, weeks ago. So props for getting out there, and you do look pretty great, all things considered. But all things considered, you're still at the Golden Globes. And your boobs are sagging to your knees and your back looks ... uneven? Lumpy? I just couldn't with this.


--Lana del Ray in Travilla
New York Times
BARF. This looks like you bought it at Sears.


--Ruth Wilson in Prada
US Magazine
I don't even know who she is. But I just ... didn't like it. I really don't have much more explanation than that.


--Cindy Crawford in Versace
US Magazine
As my friend Allison put it on Gchat, "I know you were a model in the '90s, but someone HAS to be willing to lend you a dress from this decade. You're super famous. Just ask."

No comments:

Post a Comment