Wednesday, November 16, 2016

11 months!

How am I writing the 11-month post?

How did I just send out e-vites for Analisa's first birthday party?

Ugh I'm tearing up again. So cliche.

Hi smiles!

Welllllllllll, developmentally, Ana is pretty similar to where she was last month ... that, or I wrote her 10-month post so late that it was like, only a couple weeks ago. (Didn't even put it on FB). But yeah -- still a lot of "almosts." Almost walking, almost solo standing; connecting more and more sounds and words with meaning, etc. She's babbling so much that we have these little pretend conversations, and it's adorable. There's no better sound than that little voice. Except maybe her laugh! James and I are pretty obsessed. Today he got up to grab her from her nap, and I was like, "NO I WANNA DO ITTTTTT!"


Twins.

Lately, she's loving:

--Her mama and daddy
--Crawling as fast as she can around the apartment, stopping to sit down and laugh every so often
--Blueberries
--String cheese
--Her blue blankie (more than ever)
--Snuggling her stuffed animals   <--- this is real
--Standing up in high chairs and grocery carts (naughty)
--"It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!" by Laura Numeroff (she DGAFs that Halloween is over)
--Talking
--Trying to get strangers' attention
--Bouncing up and down on the couch while standing
--Dancing
--Getting into the one spot where we don't want her (like, into James' diabetes supplies, the corner of the bathroom where the plunger sits, etc).
--Sticking her tongue out
--Sleeping in (she might be having a growth spurt. She's slept from 8p till about 10a the past two mornings! WHAT. #blessed)
--Giving "kisses"


My smart bear.

Lately, she's NOT into:

--Socks (or anything on her feet)
--Getting her diaper changed if it takes longer than 15 seconds
--Foods that aren't blueberries or string cheese
--Pooping (the constipation struggle is real; TMI, I know)
--When she doesn't get her way (read: when we won't hand her a cellphone)*
*And we try to keep them hidden
--My hair dryer (bursts into tears when she sees me using it ... luckily, that's not often)
--Her afternoon nap (might be a thing of the past, although it hadn't been a constant anyway)
--Cuddles  :(
--Staying confined to just one room
--Her teeth (did I tell you we're up to 4? Two tops, two bottoms. They're hurting).
--Letting me rinse the shampoo out of her hair
--Letting me clip her nails


Ana and Uncle Robby

What else ... Jenny and Jared had their baby -- a boy, Oliver! -- so Ana has a new second-cousin. Amanda and Ous are due at the end of January, and we also can't wait to meet Colette (Katie and Kyle's daughter, due on Ana's due date, Dec. 5!)  So many baby friends await.


Insane baby

Ana was a lamb for Halloween. I got her a Minnie Mouse tiny kitchen on one of my Facebook moms groups. (She loves it!) James is winning the popularity contest between the two of us. I still wish we had a backyard, especially now that it's solidly fall and the leaves look like so much fun to play in. But she remains a happy little boops and we love her to absolute pieces. My mom looks forward to RO Tuesdays, Emily and Ana are having more fun than ever, we visited Uncle Robby in Petoskey two weekends ago ... we love life with this tiny bear! We're having a little brunch thing at my parents' the Saturday after her birthday, and we're really looking forward to it. I have a special onesie (1-sie?) for her from Old Navy and everything : )

And yes, we'll let her eat cake. We won't let her smash the cake (James' nightmare), but she can def have a tiny piece. We're not monsters, after all.


But that is a monster of cuteness.

No comments:

Post a Comment