Thursday, November 9, 2017

What the hell should I buy for Baby G the sequel?

I'll start this by saying that we have a TON of stuff in our basement. There isn't a lot that we need, I have to imagine.

Still, when Ana was teeny tiny, I wasn't working, and I had no plans to go back (possibly ever).

Meaning, there were a few things that I never got around to buying. I felt weird about dipping into James' money (OK, *our* money), on every last product that caught my eye. Because a LOT caught my eye.

For example: a Sophie the giraffe. People swear by that thing! I contemplated grabbing one probably only every time I was at Target in the early days, but I could never justify the $25 price tag for just another chewie, when we had a million at home. Similar sitch with the Mamaroo. GOSH, ever since I saw it in action (also at Target), I was mesmerized. Like, "Why didn't we register for that again?" ... But for $220, plus the newborn insert, I never pulled the trigger. And once we were back to being a two-income family, I felt like Ana was too big for a lot of this stuff, so it just never got purchased.*

*Update: I found a Mamaroo for sale in one of my Facebook moms groups -- for $40! I've seen them on resale sites for about $100, but never as low as $40. I dashed out in my sweats on my dinner break about 3 minutes after I spotted the listing, swung by an ATM and picked up that thing tout suite. I've tested it out and it seems to work out so far! Also it's very clean and new-looking.

This wonderful car is from Jenny and Jared. THANK YOU guys!

Anyway ANYWAY. Tell me what baby stuff you love, or loved! I'm now taking any and all recommendations: for a new baby, for older babies to keep them occupied through nursing sessions and such, to use on both of them, etc.

Is there anything you regretted not buying sooner? Or an awesome item that kept you sane with two under 2? (Ana and new baby will be two years + 1 month apart, so we're not EXACTLY two under 2, but we're pretty close).

Anddddd just for reference ... we already have: a Rock n Play, a Pack n Play, a bassinet, way too many clothes (even for each sex at first, seeing as we didn't know if Ana were a boy or a girl), nursing stuff, pumping supplies, most toys, two strollers, an infant car seat, a video monitor, bath stuff, a crib, bedding, hella books, a Bumbo seat, high chair and probably about 40 more things I'm forgetting.

Still, here are some of the items we're considering --

-- A Dock-a-Tot (for travel, or even to more safely bedshare with new babes, if it comes down to that).
-- That crazy Magic Merlin sleep suit (everyone loves this, right?)
-- A better baby-wearing system (the K-Tan was fine when Anz was tiny). But she started feeling claustrophobic in there maybe around 6-8 months. What should we get? I'm leaning toward a Tula.
-- A white noise machine? (I don't know, should we?)
-- Humidifier? Nose Frida? (Ana still hasn't really ... gotten sick. So I'm unprepared in this arena).
-- Will I need two of anything? High chairs, perhaps?
-- A cheapie monitor, perhaps? (Like, not even the video kind?) To listen in on both of them?

And we'll definitely need a double stroller, although new babes will be born in the dead of winter, so I feel like there's kind of no rush. Also, I'm feeling incredibly overwhelmed with all the options and indecisive about it. ANDDDD many are like, $500-1,000, so ... this is one spot where I'm counting on you, dear friends, to tell me which double stroller I need.

Because we have the necessities, I'll likely wait a lot of this stuff out and see what I *actually* need <--- which I recommend to all new moms. Still, I feel like it's helpful to narrow the field and see all the items I might be purchasing in the near future.

32 weeks today, y'all. Finally getting BIG.

Finally, someone is selling a Mima Xari stroller (which is not a double) on one of my FB groups for $100. It looks like it's in really good shape, and I just found out the thing retails for $1500. Is it impractical to buy it, because we already have two strollers? Or should I hope on that shit ASAP because that's one hell of a deal and this thing looks amaz? Please weigh in, please and thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment