Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Chambray!

I am too low-rent to know how to pronounce this. Google tells me ˈSHamˌbrā,-brē/.

But I love these shirts! What a great staple.

I'm not ballsy enough to pair with denim (I don't want to Canadian tux up in this B) -- even if Kim Kardashian does; really not the time to start following in her footsteps anyway -- but I love to match with my other fav summer staple: Neon shorts!

I'm in middle school.


(Bad lighting, I know). Snapped at Apple Hill!

Anyway, I heard really great things about the Madewell chambray, ordered one months ago, and was a little let down. I mean, for $30, it wasn't an awful decision. I ordered a size smaller than usual (went from a medium to a small), but it still felt really baggy and mom-like. I still use it as backup, but my No. 1 chambray shirt is made by TARGET.

Two top buttons recently fell off in the dryer, so I'm working to get them reattached. Can I pay a tailor to do this? And until then, I'm wearing unnecessary scarves up top so my Ts don't fall out.

But the fit, the length, the material ... all those things are surprisingly on-point. For like, $20!

Match it with skirts, pants, shorts or over a summer dress ... I'm hooked. You can wear this almost anywhere, and it's fun to accessorize, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment