Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Couldn't get Michael Kors if you were (banging) Michael Korsssssssss

So, until last week, I'd never owned a designer purse.

(My mom right now is like, "so?!?!?" and some of my friends are floored).

I'm just not really a purse person.

Now that I really think about it, I've had clutches -- one Coach and the other Dooney and Burke (a gift from HS graduation. Thanks, Aunt Carol!)

But as far as like, a full-sized bag that cost more than $100, I've just always felt that I had better shit to spend my money on. Shoes, dresses, DRESSES MOSTLY and cute tops. I could never get over the steep pricetags -- and usually ended up spending my money on an outfit or something that would be on my body all day. Not a lousy bag that would get thrown in a corner anyway. And that Coach logo is actually pretty ugly, no?

I'll say this: I have a brand new Michael Kors bag and I would NEVER throw it in a corner EVER.

I had anxiety over putting it on the dirty-ass plane floor under my seat on the flight from Detroit to Sacramento. I had it there briefly for takeoff and landing, then kept one of the straps dangling over my knee so that it would stay clean and nice. (I'm a psycho, I know. I realize this is going to be one of those things like, when I get a new car or a new pair of running shoes. For a week I'll be like, removing my Starbucks cups from the holders and refusing to wear the tennies outside ... then the next week I'm not even breaking for animals, or going on a mud run with the new kicks).

ANYWAY.

I had been shopping specifically for an MK bag for, no exaggeration, a year. I actually received one as a gift last Christmas and returned it because it wasn't perfect (because tassles, really), then proceeded to forgot what it looked like and then I attempted to re-buy it a few months later. (Again, I'm a psycho. And I figured I could remove the tassles). Should have just kept it in the first place. Especially because it was a gift from someone with no experience buying purses and wasn't that so nice? 

ANYWAY.

You know why I didn't like most of the MK bags? And all the other labels I shopped? Well, I think it was because I knew I needed a basic, standard-ish everyday type purse. You know, like, brown, black or gray. But they were all soooooo boring! I'm not really a brown, black or gray type person. Sometimes I'll force myself to buy staples like that and I will wear/use them, but like ... I just couldn't make myself fall in love with a seemingly boring purse.

Then this guy called to me from across the MK outlet last weekend:


OMG, hey!

Aren't you the prettiest pretty?!

I briefly flirted with the idea of buying a basic white bag. But Yellow just kept looking at me with those eyes! He was so bright next to the other boring guys. And on sale! I loved him. The sales girl even told me, "you could totally like, wear this in the fall because it's not BRIGHT bright yellow, it's actually more of a gold, ya know? (gum smack)." I was like, "helllllllllll yeah and I live in California so it's never really WINTER WINTER, ya know? (gum smack)."

Then she was all, "throw in a wallet and it's basically free!"

And I didn't need a wallet. But she got me. #problemspender


 And then there was only one periwinkle one left! And it matched but not in a super matchy-matchy way and then I got SOMEONE to buy both for me for my birthday!

It had all my requirements: Soft leather, big enough, but not too big.

Which is not until August 30. But it's an early gift.

I promised this blog wouldn't get bougie. This will probably be my bougiest post. Sorry, mom.

But this bag ... and now the wallet ... have my heart.


 I would post a link but I can't find one : (  Makes sense, right? I basically Google things all day for my job and I can't find a link of my own bag. Probably because it was from the outlet? Who knows. I only wish I could link up so you could see the actual colors of these things. I feel like newsroom lighting is no good.

I did learn while Googling that MK makes an orange-y CAMO tote. Bleckkkkkk, excuse me while I go vom.

Until next time!

"Michelle, will you please just not put honey in there like last time? That was seriously gross to clean up." --Anon

(I seriously have no idea who would steal honey packets from Starbucks and let them explode all over her purse.) 

(There's a reason I usually go cheap).

No comments:

Post a Comment