Friday, July 18, 2014

What up! Pimping some sandos

You know what I love reading about? People's favorite things.

So I'm about to share my own! On the regs, yo.

Mindy Kaling had a blog where she did this (although it hasn't been updated in years), and most of my fav bloggers share, as well. I want in! And who's not down with some good reccos, you know?

Mine isn't going to be bougie*, though. Even though I miiiiiiight snap a pic of this amaz Michael Kors bag I just got as a (two months early) birthday present, expect most posts to be like, salad dressings. Yogurt flavors. Coffee drinks. Makeup products. Chipotle orders.

FLIP FLOPS.

I usually splurge on a nice-ish pair like, once every two years. And by nice-ish pair, I don't mean Kate Spades. (I wish). I mean like, Reefs. Something around the $50 mark that won't fall apart on me like the Old Navys. Something I can possibly wear to work -- it's not dressy here -- or to go run errands in. A sturdy flip that won't flop.

K, I'm like, obsessed with my choice this year.

As some of you know, I was on a shopping hiatus (a self-imposed challenge), for four months, just to see if I could do it. I'm an addict. I love spending Ds I don't have.

Anddddddd I did it! Challenge completed. And then I went and spent a ton as soon as it was over. (Mom, earmuffs). But that'll happen when you have an iPhone doc called "things to buy when the drought is over," and you fulfill most of your list once you're allowed.

I still maintain that I saved money in the long run, but whatever.

Clark's is for old man shoes, as far as I'm concerned, but I happen to be hanging out with an old man lately who drags me into Clark's from time to time.

So I bought these!

I wasn't even 100 percent sold as I clomped around in the store, but I thought they seemed like a good staple. And they're usually $50 and they were half off. K thanks.

AND NOW I CAN'T STOP WEARING THEM!

They go with everything. Srsly. A little bit basic, a little bit Sperry, a lot of bit comfy. If you're in the market for some sandos, do it up. I'm contemplating getting another color while they still have size 9s in stock. Mint, anyone? K, mint doesn't match a ton, but I can't get over mint.





I sense this next shot might be an unflattering shot of my feet, but I swearsies I don't have cankles. At least, not yet.






Photo taken at a beach bar in Detroit! Did anyone else know this existed? I was like, in shock when I stumbled upon it during my Michigan trip last week. Campus Martius Park, hollaaaaaaaa.


And ...


*Do you guys know bougie?
[boo'-she] -- A hacked truncation of the word Bourgeoisie.
One of my favs.

No comments:

Post a Comment