Monday, September 29, 2014

All the little things I'm loving lately. Part 1.

I have a few bigger posts in the works, but I always enjoy the short ones on everyday life from all the girls I read on the regs. So why not?

Here's what I'm digging lately --

To eat: Chips and salsa -- my favorite dinner when it's just going to be me. Healthy, right? I do buy the best kind possible from Whole Foods because I'm bougie like that. (I'm also craving urrything pumpkin. I might make something fall-themed soon! Read: Pumpkin. Hard to get motivated though when it's still 80 out. But don't tell that to anyone in Sac. They all think it's "really cooled down out there." Uggs are out, peeps. And they're certainly not mine).

To drink: La Croix sparkling water. (Passionfruit at the moment!) Just discovered these from Targz. Calorie free/sweetener free/sodium free! So, it's not pop.

And while they're def not as great as Clearly Canadians -- throwback 1995 -- the taste has kind of grown on me. They're like better tonic waters.

Nom! Here's my work desk.
On Teev/DVR/Netflix: (Yes, I finally joined the rest of you in 2014 and got the 'Flix). Anddddd ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK! Omg, late to the party. But we just finished season two and I'm obsessed. And oh so sad that I have to wait until summertime for seaz3. I maybe cried real tears during a recent Larry/Pipes interaction. Can't say which because SPOILERS.

Also Teen Mom2, Dancing With the Stars, etc.

Will someone please tell Jonathan his hair looks sexy pushed back?

On the brain: Apple Hill! Going on Friday and I can't wait to stock up on pumpkin rolls, apples, cider and maybe another bottle or two of wine. (Not a TON of need for the vino after our Oregon trip, but why not). It's so pretty up there. Love living so close to the Sierra foothills!

On my face: Naked Palette 3. Such soft, warm colors. My mom gifted me this for my birthday because I'm too cheap to spend $50 on a palette. But I'm so glad I requested this! I've been getting really nice compliments on my eye makeup and this is likely an investment I'll use for years to come! Also, NYX butter lipstick in the taffy shade (so smooth! Stays on pretty well, too). 
*And mom ... are you proud of me? This was like, $3.50 at Ulta. 

In my hurr: Oh, you mean on the days when I actually wash/deal with it? Rare ... But, some throwback Herbal Essences shamp (it was on sale! Smells like middle school. Actually, middle school smelled gross, didn't it? I'm not sure then. This purchase was just nostalgic). And a few random curls. I just dug my curling iron out from under the sink last weekend, and wavy hair distracts me from my split ends. 

Should I get a hair cut? Or should I finally color it? My hairstylist is really good. I'm feeling bored with my look lately.

My work BFF Mal's last day. I baked these! Is my hair gah-rosse?
Reading: Just random shit online, really. I'm been so busy with work lately, I need to jump back on the reading train. The Gillian Flynn books blew my mind all summer, anyone have any suggestions for what's up next? Oh, and I was f'ing fired up over the Hoke sitch on Saturday. Read this.

Oh, and ... [no category] SLEEPING IN. Enough said. I need to get back to the gym/or yoga. I've been staying up super late then sleeping in till noon most weekdays and it needs to stop. It just creates this viscious cycle of working and sleeping and nothing else. Halp me get uppppppppp.

No comments:

Post a Comment