Monday, September 15, 2014

AWARDS SEASON!

I'm obsessed with awards season. Still not sure what we'll do without Joan Rivers. I realize this post is WEEKS UPON WEEKS UPON WEEKS late, but it's been sitting on my desktop unpublished for far too long and I'm saying F it. Posting anyway, deal with it.

(I really fell off the posting train for awhile. Things came up. Sry!)

So without further ado, here is a way-way-too-late Emmys fashion post. Judge me, please. I deserve it. Also, it should be noted: I know nothing about fashion. I just know what I like/what I hate. So, take this with a grain of salt. My opinion is completely unprofesh.

Courtesy photos/my half-assed Photoshop work


Best:

1.) Lizzy Caplan
DONNA KARAN ATELIER
So flattering. So sleek. And then you see the back of this dress and it's so fun! She rocked perfect hair and perfect makeup. Girlfriend has come a long way since Janis Ian.

2.) Sarah Hyland
CHRISTIAN SIRIANO
Perfect way to rock a crop top. Fun color on the skirt. Super young and fre$h. Get ittttttt.

3.) Heidi Klum
ZAC POSEN
J'adore this style and coral color. Do whatcha do, HK. (Sorry I cropped out your arm in the pic. My Photostop skillz are janky as fuck).

4.) Teyonah Parris
CHRISTIAN SIRIANO
Obsessed with these neon colors. I'm also remembering how much I loved her style during last awards season. She got knocked on E! for having a ton of fabric here, but I wasn't mad at it.

5.) Allison Williams
GIAMBATTISTA VALLI COUTURE
I was surprised the new Peter Pan didn't choose Zooey's Oscar de la Renta number. Allison hasn't been much of a risk-taker on the red carpet. But this look impressed me a lot. I liked that her belt wasn't matchy matchy. Gorge.

6.) Aaron Paul and his wife
(She wore Lorena Sarbu and a chic pony. Who cares who he wore. It was a basic tux and he's hot).
She is adorable. They are adorable. She's always wearing the perfect arm-candy dress. I just had to include them.

7.) Julia Louis-Dreyfus
CAROLINA HERRERA
The Veep is so effortless and age-approps. Red-tones were def the colors of the night. Loved.

8.) Kate Mara
J. MENDEL
Girl crush. This asymmetrical gown is just super cool. And she's super cool. Should I get my hair cut like hers?

9.) Halle Berry
ELIE SAAB
Similar neckline to Mindy Kaling, whose look I also loved. HB is so stunning.

10.) Julia Roberts
ELIE SAAB COUTURE
I love that she went with a short dress! Very youthful and fun. Perfect for the Emmys.

Courtesy photos/my half-assed Photoshop work
Worst:

1.) Lena Dunham
GIAMBATTISTA VALLI
The hair, the dress, the color ... less is more, Lena. At this point, I feel like she's just trying to F with us. Is this real life?

2.) Amanda Peet
GIAMBATTISTA VALLI
This is a nightgown. With bedhead. She debuted her baby bump, I shouldn't be rude to a preggo lady. Wait, yes I should. No excuses, play like a champion.

3.) Sarah Paulson
ARMANI PRIVÉ
She looks like Pigpen, walking around surrounded by a cloud of dirt. That, or the dress looks like a giant bush. I can appreciate that she took a chance, but ... flop. Love #AHS though.

4.) Natasha Lyonne
OPENING CEREMONY
Hate the length, the '80s prom style and how falling-apart she always looks. Should have known.

5.) Laura Prepon
GUSTAVO CADILE
Hate the peplum, the color, the weird half-collar. And girl, smile. I saw her live on TV and in a million photos, and the pissed off/constipated face just isn't helping. This is too severe.

6.) Katherine Heigl
JOHN HAYLES
Gross. Mother of the bride much?

7.) Mayim Bialik
OLIVER TOLENTINO
I want to see this on like, Meryl Streep or someone older. Not her. This, plus the hair, is just too mature. Props for the royal blue, but that's the only nice thing I can say. Just because you're not a size 0 doesn't mean you need to cover up THAT much.

8.) Zooey Deschanel
OSCAR DE LA RENTA
Z, get your bangs back out -- all the way. Also, your dress is plain. And it photographs really wrinkly. Ugh.

9.) Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting
MONIQUE LHUILLIER
Bleck. She's usually bleck though, what did I expect. Disliked the dress, the hair, the minimal makeup. In fact, I even hate the Big Bang Theory. Gross. GTFO.

10.) Jessica Pare
LANVIN
Again, tea-length rage. You can do so much better, Megz. This isn't flattering and looks wide. Have you gotten the memo? "But you're like, really pretty."


Random notes: I wanted more out of the Mad Men girls. January Jones' look took awhile to grow on me (I'm still not a huge fan), and Christina Hendricks' hair looked unbelievably greasy. Sally Draper was cute, but I hated the gray. Wear some color when you're 14, ya feel me?

Also, was Allison Janney wearing crushed velvet? I can't even.

2 comments:

  1. Meesh, you are HI-LAR! I can't stop laughing at your "worst dressed" comments. Btw, Mayim Bialik covers up for religious reasons, but yeah she always dresses too old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um thank you for reading! I love your blog as well -- want more! I have been following : )

    Now I feel a little bad about MB. Well, no I don't. I didn't know that though, good info re: religious reaz!

    ReplyDelete