Sunday, November 9, 2014

TV!

I'm sorry, I know it's cute to be all, "I just don't watch TV. Who has time for it?"

I DO.

TV is just so good lately. You can't deny it. Big-time actors and actresses are even doing shows. And I'm loving every second.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still addicted to all my usual trashbag shows. Teen Mom2, MTV's The Challenge (um, when is this going to come back?!), The Bachelor/ette, etc. I even sank to a few new lows with Bachelor in Paradise (loving the train wreck that is Sacramento Claire), 90-Day Fiance (if you haven't seen this massacre, GET ON IT! It's on TLC Sunday nights, yo) and ... wait for it ... Love and Hip Hop Hollywood. Eeeeek, I know, right? Ray J is awful. Nicki is disgusting. Everyone is SO entitled, I almost can't stand it. But ever since Young Berg was arrested last weekend for domestic violencing Masika, I've been all "I want to watch everything leading up to it!" And that's awful that I'm contributing to the ratings for a Chris Brown type.

Ugh. I'm the worst. I watched FOUR HOURS OF IT when I couldn't sleep last night. Judge me. I deserve it.

But let's get back to how I started this post. This really is like, the golden era of television. True Detective with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConauhey in season 1? Mad Men? And even though it ended, Breaking Bad's definitely worth a mention. Veep! House of Cards! Orange is the new Black! New Girl! Mindy! And even though I always fall asleep during these, Fargo is great. American Horror Story freaks me out but I love it. Modern Family, Girls, I could go on and on.

(No, despite the fact that I work in a newsroom, I don't get into The Newsroom. I just can't. It's too fakey).

Homeland was good for a bit but I haven't watched this season and I heard it jumped the shark. Next on my list after House of Cards (we have the season 2 finale tonight!) is one of the following: Downton Abbey, Masters of Sex and Scandal. I actually saw season 1, episode 1 Scandal, but I didn't love it. I heard I need to give it another chance. I do like Kerry Washington a lot; have ever since Save the Last Dance.

Some notes: Don't tell me that Mad Men is "too slow," you don't get it and you don't deserve to. And more importantly, DON'T encourage me to watch Big Bang Theory. I know you're going to say how funny it is once it all clicks but like ... shut your face. To me, it is so NOT FUNNY and disgusting. I hate Jim Parsons, he is insufferable. And yes, this is coming from someone who just admitted to watching Love and Hip Hop Hollywood. Sorry not sorry.

I just read up on the end of Boardwalk Empire. Sounds like a satisfying series finale. I fell off the bandwagon with BE a few seasons ago, but always appreciated it on a certain level. Although, too many white guys who all look the same, yaknow?

Dexter was sosogood until the final season. Ughhhhhhh and that ruined it a bit for everyone, I think.

And for the record: Probably my favorite show of all time is Six Feet Under. Yes, it's dark. But it was just cast so perfectly. And the finale set to that Sia song will make me cry every time.

TV! I love it. Anything else I should be watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment