Sunday, February 1, 2015

SAGs!

We're going to go 9 and 9 on my best and worst this time around. Why 9 and not 10? Because I said so.

Honestly, I drafted my list and ended up with 9 on each side. Why pick someone whose style I don't truly hate or add someone whose look I wasn't in love with, just to round to an even 10? This is my blog and I'll do what I want.

So, who ya got? Here are mine --

THE BAYYYYST!

-- Sarah Hyland [Vera Wang]
The beaded top, the edgy bun, the perfect makeup -- it's a 10.


-- Sofia Vergara [Donna Karan Atelier]
Bombshell, per yoooooooge. This is like, her everyday hair and makeup, she just happened to slip into a super glam dress -- that fits her incredible body like a glove. No words. Loved it!


-- Julianne Moore [Givenchy]
This got some criticism for being too ... heavy? Thick? Weighed down? But I thought the color up against her skintone, and the beachy waves, were to die for.


-- Julianna Margulies [Giambattista Valli]
Usually I can't stand her style! To me, she typically just looks old and unhappy. But this color and the flouncy skirt? So fun! Didn't expect this from her.


-- Camila Alves [Donna Karan]
 She's so effin sophisticated. I love the deep purple! Hit her curves wonderfully. Gorge. Matthew McConaughey on the other hand ...


-- Ariel Winter [Zac Posen]
 Didddddd I just pick all the Modern Family girls? Well, this is the best Ariel has looked on the carpet in a while. Yes, it's a bit boob-y, but I'd do the same thing if I were famous and 18, with Ts like that. Werk.


--Joanne Froggatt [Honor]
 I don't watch Downton Abbey, so I had to Google this B. But I'm obsessed with this Honor mermaid dress! The black is a little boring, but she just looks classic.


--Reese Witherspoon [Armani Prive]
 So fresh and so clean clean! Why don't more broads wear white? This is lovely. Nice crystal detailing and I'm into the one-shoulder look.


--Claire Danes [Marc Jacobs]
 I get it, people hated the belt and the halter. Not sure why I'm defensive about this pick. I thought she looked about a GAZILLION times better than usual, the army green is super pretty on her, I dug the casual hair and ... I don't know. I would have picked this gown for her. She has a really nice shape. The embellishments along the sides are kinda fun, too.


The worsttttttttttttttt:

--Dascha Polanco [Michael Costello]
Do you want to be conservative, or kinda slutty? Pick! This dress isn't sure what it wants to be, plus, it's way too tight (we have a back fat sitch). I'd like to order Mayim Bialik's dress for Dascha, plz. Fitted appropriately. Ugh, again -- another normal-sized girl picking the wrong gown. Plz see Danielle Brooks (from Orange is the New Black) in Christian Siriano! She's an honorable mention for sure.


--Anna Chlumsky [Escada]
Is this a vest? I can't.


--Lorelai Linklater [Honor]
 I'm embarrassed to report I thought this was Ellen Page for a second. But it's not! It's some girl I've never heard of, and she looks awful. A bit gothy for my taste. Hate the blue ombre.


--Jennifer Anison [John Galliano]
 K, she's stunning because she's Jennifer Aniston and that's what she does. But I found this look a bit desperate. Her boobs are SO SAGGY, her V-neck is too deep and the drop necklace is lame. Also, not crazy about the fit. I just think she can class it up a bit and do better.


--Taryn Manning [Elisabetta Franchi]
You know who's really pretty IRL? Pennsatucky! Fa real, I follow Taryn on Insty and I kinda love her. But but buttttttttttt. I was left feeling MEH about this look. I like sleeves on the red carpet, but not these. I just think it could have been tailored a bit better? Or maybe she needed a different color? This washed her out, and did nothing for her figure.


--Alysia Reiner [Christian Siriano]
Too much. Hate the ruffle.


--Edie Falco [Randi Rahm]
 Frumpy.


--Emma Stone [Dior Couture]
I get it, the menswear thing is very much happening right now. Emma did something similar at the Globes a few weeks ago, and I was feelin it. But this? Is a bit too severe. Is it a tuxedo? Is it a gown? Blahhhh.


--Lo Bosworth [Designer unknown]
Unflattering. Hated the lip, the nude color, the boobs, the strappy shoe, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment