Monday, March 2, 2015

Oscars fash!

I liked a LOT more looks than I was expecting to! I guess that makes sense -- it's the Oscars; time to bring your A-game.

So here goes! (A week and a day late, I know. Still reeling from Kelly's departure on FP. And I had a busy work week thennnnnn drank in San Jose all weekend). So.


IN THIS PARTICULAR ORDER:   :) 

1.) Scarlett Johansson [Versace]
I wasn't sure if this was a choker, or like, part of her gown, but I was like, DROOLING over this look. I mean, a) because she's ScarJo and her beauty is some next-level shit. And b) THIS COLOR! She was just radiant. She had a baby like, 10 seconds ago, but her body's already back and just ... she could do no wrong.


                                        

2.) Rosamund Pike [Givenchy Haute Couture]
Speaking of women who just had a baby ... Rosamund AND my numba 3, Zoe Saldana (and didn't Z have twins? The fuck are you people doing?) Anyway, I had RP on my worst list once this season, and then she almostttttt cracked my best another time (when she wore the black drape-y thing), but like ... she came up just short. 

But THIS. Was perfect. I loved the red, the fit, the slit, the matching shoe, the hurr ... she def saved the best look for last, as she should. Amazing Amy wins!


                                                     

3.) Zoe Saldana [Atelier Versace]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything.



                                                  4.) Reese Witherspoon [Tom Ford]
Timeless, elegant, flattering, lovely.



                                               5.) Felicity Jones [Alexander McQueen]
She has such a classic look. This gown was princessy and fun. Some said a bit prom, but I didn't have a prob with it. It's the Oscars, why not? The heavy bang is so cute on her. Fashion crush!



                                                  6.) Emma Stone [Elie Saab Couture]
A bit of a risk from Emma, but I loved it! The gown's beading is gorgeous. I like how it's conservative but tailored really well. I don't know -- I saw it and gasped, that's about as simple as it was for me. She just looks so put together, and the lip color is really fun up against the chartreuse, too.




                                                       7.) Naomi Watts [Armani Prive]

Super fancy bricks with a bandeau underneath? I feel like I should hate this, but it just worked. Her lob and berry lip are pretty, too. I just kept coming back! I'm not positive this was an Oscars dress, but she looked undeniable.


                                                    
8.) Jamie Chung [Yanina Couture]
"Baby you're a fiiiiiiiiiirework," was like, all I could keep singing in my head. Tulle, sequins and starbursts, yo. I loved it. The earrings and hair were a nice complement, and it was just so FUN. I want to wear this.

  


9.) Lupita Nyong'o [Calvin Klein]
Guess who's back. Back again. 'Pita's back, tell a friend ... (don't make me keep going). -- And with like, 10 million pearls! Her skin is just perfection. Again, I decided this was a winner in about .08 seconds. Instant reaction was just YAS.



10.) Jenna Dewan [Zuhair Murad]
She took the plunge, but I think it worked! A lot of girls were rocking simple ponies like this, which was also pretty cool up against these fancy dresses. Her man candy didn't look half bad, either. I will say: Her after-party dress caught my eye too (maybe even more?) but whatever -- both were knockouts. Should I not say "man candy?"


 

Honorable mentions (because I had a hard time cutting! -- and like I said, it's the Oscars): Anna Kendrick (loved the gown's color, Anna's makeup and the hair!), Cate Blanchett (adored the statement necklace; she looked gorge, the black dress was just a touch boring to crack the list), and same goes for Margot Robbie (gorge though. Like, stunning. That necklace? Unreal). Also ... Gwyneth Paltrow. Very Carrie Bradshaw, but the fit was great and this was the best she's looked on the red carpet in awhile.

Hate to do this to you guys but ...

WORST: (in this order!)


  1.) Lady Gaga [Azzedine Alaïa]
Why the red rubber gloves? Were you washing the dishes in this dress and you suddenly had to catch a ride to the Academy Awards? Nahhhhh.

Or you just HAD to do something Gaga-esque and fuck up your look? The dress is OK (outside of the sleeves/nonsleeves), but I can't overlook these horrendous gloves. Which, I found out later, had matching shoes. Great Sound of Music, though. Like, really. No sarc. I've watched the clip on YouTube 978384768647 times, and fa real, it stole the show. I almost feel bad for putting you #1 on my wildly popular (lolol) blog JUST BECAUSE OF THAT MEDLEY. Anyway.



 2.) Keira Knightley [Valentino]
I wish I could grab a Sharpie and scrawl something snarky, too. Perhaps "fugly" in cursive? We were making such progress, Keira. Now we're back to this garbage? Gross. Might as well bring back your butterfly bracelet.



  3.) Lorelei Linklater [Gabriela Cadena]
Better than last time but still a bit goth/vampy. Wasn't feeling it. And she's actually got a really pretty face.



4.) Kerry Washington [Miu Miu]
Yawns. I expect more, Ms. K-Wash. I get that you're a mom now, but that's no reason to pick a dress so maternal.



  5.) Behati Prinsloo [Armani Prive]
Necklace was too heavy, hair too severe and this just looked like a walking case of the measles. 



6.) Chrissy Teigen [Zuhair Murad]
 Chrissy always looks to die for. Killer body, killer face, I mean, she's a model, so duh, right? I found this look a little trashier-than-usual though. Nextttt.



 7.) Nicole Kidman [Louis Vutton]
Why the red belt? Kinda killed it for me. She's looked a million times better.



8.) Gina Rodriguez [Suzi Amis Cameron]
Would have liked to see her in something a bit more youthful. She's super cute, but the old-lady hair and dress weren't my fav.  



9.) Chloe Moretz [Miu Miu]
Not a flattering cut, plus, it looked like a tablecloth. At my grandma's. Like, not MY grandma's (because both my grandmas happened to have pretty good taste. But. You get it).



10.) Julianna Moore [Chanel] 
What am I missing? So many people LOVED this. And while I can appreciate the artistry -- I read somewhere that 80,000 sequins and flowers had to be sewn on -- I just didn't like it on JM. The all-white up against her super pale skin washed her out. I wasn't crazy about the fit. The dropped waist did nothing for her figure, and it just appeared ill-fitting. Anddddd now I feel bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment