Thursday, March 5, 2015

#SP

Haaaaaahcky!
Back to real-life posts: Last weekend was like, the funnest.*

*Yep, I said funnest. And yes, I happen to pride myself on my proper diction/grammar. Sorry I'm not sorry! BECAUSE IT WAS THE FUNNEST!

So, lez back up.

Everyone's favorite Pruzer was coming into town (as in, he was coming to Northern California, not really MY town, but close enough), so Caitlyn and I decided we'd plan a weekend.*

*And by "plan a weekend," I mean, not really. Like, we picked him up from the airport? Huge success? (I say "we," and I wasn't even included in that part). But like, we got him and let everything else fall into place, itinerary-wise. Except Caitlyn and Dad diddddd purchase surprise birthday Red Wings tickets.

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

K, lez back up again.

Pruz was coming to San Jose for his birthday weekend, and Caitlyn and I decided a few things right away (a month earlier): a) We'd take him to the Wings game, as they were in town to play the Sharks that Thursday, and b) that we'd surprise him with ME. Guest appearance! I love me some Pruzer. We've been friends since we were 12.

Eighth-grade dance! After Bryan Edwards made me cry, lololol
 
AND I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE DARREN HELM IRL, I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN!

So, back to RL, the funny part was, I had to act totally uninterested in Pruz's trip. He had messaged me a few times about it, and I was just like, "hmm, yeah, I'll try to swing by. No promises." And I had totally taken a day off work and arranged the whole thing.

Even Dan told me later, Pruz asked about me when he landed, and Dan had to be like, "well, Sacramento's not THAT close. It's actually pretty far, so."

Pruz later was like, "that was kind of mean, I thought you really didn't want to meet up!"

Hahahaha. 

Pruzeroni Macaroni.

Caitlyn and I texted the night before and settled on a spot: Southern Pacific Brewing, in SF. Well, actually we settled on El Techo, but then learned they wouldn't be open for lunch. Whatevskis. They'd pick Pruzer up from the airport and I'd meet them around nooner. My goal was to waltz in the room, plop down next to AP and immediately inquire about his beloved garage, as if that wasn't weird at all, like, guess who just so happens to be hanging out in SF?

(But then I struggled to park for like, 20 minutes and got sweaty and decided to just come in with no real game plan/grand surprise). I pulled up a chair and was just like, "hey!" Haha.

But he really was so surprised! It worked out perfectly; my drive over was faster than ever (I only woke up at 10:30a and was in the city by noon), and the brewery was perfect. Caitlyn and I dropped the surprise about the game later that evening and it was gorgey out as we shared patio beers (because CALIFORNIA).

The brewery!

 So, we eventually all carpooled back to Sunnyvale, got ready for the game, then before we knew it, WINGS. The toothless hotties from D-town, not the food (although, wings sound delish right now, riiiight?)

Anddddd they won! And I kind of didn't expect them to, they were struggzin' at times! But DFH must have known Caitlyn and I were in the building because HOLLA!

Afterward, we came back to the Hatman household, snuggled with our favorite, most regal and loving Puppybrother, played Cards Against Humanity and went to bed. So many dranks.

I woke up to Cait telling us she planned to order 50 pieces of bacon.

So brunch was on.

UGH we went to the most magically delish place called Billy's? And I ordered something Mexican and Cali (MexiCali benedict?) and a Bloody Mary that was perfectly spicy, and the servers made Pruz dance for his birthday and it was the happiest brekkie of all time.

Then we were like, "wine tasting?" Wine tasting.

Wine tasting.

 We drove up this hill nearby and found the best winery. We all tasted, then split a bottle of Pinot Noir up top. It was the most gorge outlook.

Group shot!

By this point, they were like, "um, please don't leave?" And I was all, "let's keep the drinks flowing and I most certainly won't!" I'm not trying to get D and drive 2 hours home, ya know ya knowwwww?

Back to Sunnyvale we went. I think we rested for a bit, changed and got cute for dinnz, then ate at Caitlyn's old restaurant, Pizza Antica. Which was delish AGAIN. I swear, I took only the most perfect bites this weekend. Two baby pizzas, bolognese, calamari, brussels, dolcetto, etc. etc. etc.

We had a little nightcap drank and then Lyfted back home.
*This weekend brought to you by ibuprofen and Uber/Lyft. This weekend partially RUINED by Caltrain and the M-F dress. It's white and gold you guys, I swear we're not looking at the same thing if you say blue and black.

This was followed by even MORE Cards Against Humanity, bevs and puppy snuggles.

CTSH!
I thought this was cute of me? But Jimmy tells me my eye's bugging out. lulz

I can't even get into all the stupid jokes and shit that kept us laughing. Reddit wormhole and lowering are like, the only words I can type here without raising some 'brows.

I left super early Saturday morning to hang with Jamers. But my heart was still in the Bay, I swear! James and I took a nap then went to Bike Dog for Sacramento Beer Week. Then met up with Colin and his new girlfriend at Yolo Brewing. Loved it and loved it. But then SJ group kept texting me pics of food and fun and SF adventures and I was so sad it was over so fast!

One of the most fab friends weekends in AWHILE.

Group!

No comments:

Post a Comment